Lost and Found
Losing a cat can be a very distressing experience; and finding a homeless cat wandering around can sometimes be distressing too, particularly if the found cat is injured, perhaps from a road traffic accident. We therefore offer a free Lost and Found service for Bedford and the surrounding area (postcodes MK40 - MK45 and SG15 -SG18, and part of SG19), whereby we keep a register of all cats reported to us as lost or found, and try to re-unite them with their owner.
Reducing the Risks
The single best thing you can do to avoid losing your cat is to ensure that your cat carries suitable identification. A microchip can be very useful - vets can read them, and we also have a microchip reader. It is also worth considering a collar of some kind, complete with up to date identity tag.
Need Advice ? Click below
Reporting a Cat to Us
If you would like to report a lost or found cat, please contact us. Please remember, we only cover postcodes MK40 - MK45 and SG15 - SG18 and part of SG19. For other areas, please visit the main Cats Protection website to find your local branch.
When you contact us, it would greatly help us if you could have as much of the following information to hand as possible (we appreciate that for found cats you may not know all these details):
- Your name, address, postcode, phone number and email address (for our records only)
- Whether you wish for your telephone number to appear on our website (lost cats only)
- The cat's name, any distinguishing features, colour (Please be specific - if, say, you have lost a black and white cat, it is much more helpful if we know, for example, that the cat is black all over except for white chin and paws.), colour of eyes
- The cat's age, hair type, sex, breed (if pedigree), neutered or not, microchipped or not?
- Condition of cat - any health problems or medication.
- Whether the cat has identification and if so, precise details, e.g. red collar with name tag and cat flap magnet.
- Date the cat was lost or found.
- Any other helpful information, e.g. cat is shaven from recent operation, you have just moved home etc.
If you are able to supply us with a picture as well then we will place it on our website
We will then search our records and contact you if we have any matches. If your cat returns home after being reported lost, PLEASE let us know so we can update our records.
Check out our Lost & Found Facebook Page - Please feel fre to post your lost/Found cat here also
Some other websites you may find uselful to chack and also allows the public to post lost & found animals are below.
Follow the boxes below to view lost and found cats reported directly to our branch.